View all upcoming events.
What better way to begin your journey to Cambridge and area than to stop by our first-class Visitor Information Centre? Constructed in 2001, this modern stone and glass facility offers the very latest in visitor services. Best of all, we’re conveniently located on the threshold of our vibrant and historic city, on Ontario’s “Main Street” – Highway 401.
Sink into our leather couches with a cup of coffee and browse through our brochures, or chat with one of our knowledgeable tourism counsellors. Whether you’ve only got a few minutes to scoot in or plenty of time to linger, a stop at our Visitor Information Centre will ensure that you get the most out of your visit!
The Gateway offers:
- A beautiful Visitor Information Centre with a 4,000-square-foot reception area
- Easy access right off highways 401 and 24
- Ample free parking (with lots of room for your RV!)
- Friendly and knowledgeable tourism counsellors at your service
- Hot and cold refreshments
- Hearth-side seating
- Picnic area
- Hundreds of local and provincial tourist brochures and shopping coupons
- All the very latest information on local and area events, sites and attractions
This fun and engaging sightseeing group bus tour brings the gorgeous stone buildings, exquisite churches and fascinating Grand River to life. Your step-on guide provides colourful, entertaining commentary and insights about our historic city. The tour runs approximately 45-60 minutes and begins and ends at our beautiful Visitor Centre, conveniently located right at the intersection of highways 401 and 24.
Yes, I’d like to arrange a step-on tour!
Our friendly staff will provide you with a “Relocation Kit” containing relevant local information on the City of Cambridge, including our latest City Guide, a map and lists of schools, places of worship, sports organizations and frequently called numbers. Let us know if you would like to receive one.